Hiya, we’re back! Bigger than before! …Like your mom! * cue random dudes in the background saying “DAMN!!” * We did consider saving this for Halloween, but we encourage you folks to celebrate by going out for free candy on that day instead. : Okay, well. Daichi finally gets to bask in the limelight, and it seems that there’s a lot more to him than meets the eye. It’s tragic. And people die. Personally speaking, I thought that they did well in showcasing his good qualities (like his kindness and dedication)… Here’s hoping that we’ll get to see more from him as we progress through the series. And no, Sakurai isn’t being a colossal dick (at least not on purpose)… It’s just that his actor wasn’t all that great. ‘^^ Have a sweet weekend, but please stay safe and be sure to keep your teeth extra healthy! Go get spooked! Until next time! Tootles!
CLICK HERE FOR OUR RELEASES!
Shourikan [Translation Checker (Whole Episode) + Torrent Maker]
Nemet [Quality Control (QC) + Assistant Editor]
Makibishi [Timer + AegiSub Veteran]
Ais [Translation Checker (Certain Lines)]
– You actually can determine a specific total from what Yokohama Boss says at [0:05:58.17]. The line is “その額はざっと見積もって数十億円に及ぶでしょう” which literally translates into “The amount, roughly estimated, reaches up to dozen hundred millions” (a whoppin’ ¥120,000,000 or $413,790.00 USD). If you’re curious, $413,790.00 USD in late 1977 is worth $1,629,581.50 USD in 2015 today according to an inflation calculator. But in Japanese, the ‘dozen hundred millions’ part is meant to be sort of “vague”, which is why we simply left it as “millions” in our subs.
– The plane that the report pertains to crashed, so what the sign at [0:06:06.28] is indicating is that they’re using a picture of a different plane that looks identical since the original one is gone.
– The line at [0:12:33.32] literally states that Daichi was in the middle of “an experiment to live in a submarine”, but we believe that the true emphasis was that he was researching more so about living underwater in general. Because, remember his dream about wanting to build a
pineapple city under the sea? So, we tweaked the wording ever so slightly to better reflect this. Is that okay?
– The show says ‘reinforcement box’ in this episode yet again, but we’ve confirmed that they do eventually go back to ‘capsules’ (it’s a mystery why they changed it in the first place, really). So, we’re taking a liberty by keeping it capsules from now on regardless of what the narrator says.
– At [0:23:37.07], the narrator says “切り札” which is literally “trump cards”. But in context, it’s actually intended to be a pun meaning “key advantage” (in conjunction with JAKQ’s theme), so we’ve decided to acknowledge the pun in both ways rather than just choosing one. Clever points!